Reading Schedule

This is just to keep me on track with my challenges.

By July 31
God of Small Things (SRC, BAC)
Blind Assassin (SRC, BAC)
Stardust (SRB)
The Higher Power of Lucky (Newbery, BAC)
The White Stag (Newbery, BAC)
1 title from lists below

By August 31
The Known World (SoRC, Pulitzer, BAC)
A Death in the Family (SoRC, Pulitzer, BAC)
The Secret Life of Bees (SoRC, SAM)
Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons (SAM)
We by Yevgeny Zamyatin (DC, RAB)
3 titles from lists below

By September 30
Middlesex (Pulitzer, BAC)
Blue Like Jazz (NF5)
The Travels of Marco Polo (NF5)
Bookseller of Kabul (NF5, RAB)
The Top Ten: Writers Pick Their Favorite Books (NF5)
Half of a Yellow Sun (NYT, BookAwards)
2 titles from lists below

By October 31
Lisey's Story (NYT, BAC)
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho (RAB)
Never Let Me Go (DC)
A Scanner Darkly (DC)
4 titles from list below

By November 30
Tess of the D'Urbervilles (FC, SRB)
O Pioneers! (FC, Pulitzer, Decades)
The Yearling (FC, Pulitzer)
The Hours by Michael Cunningham (Pulitzer, BtM)
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson (2nds, BtM)
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (RAB, BtM)
2 titles from list below

By December 31
Arthur and George by Julian Barnes (NYT)
Zorro by Isabel Allende (RAB)
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (NYT, RAB)
Kristin Lavransdatter by Ingrid Undset (RAB, BAC)
Buying a Fishing Rod for my Grandfather by Gao Xingjian (RAB)
Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (SRB)
History of Love by Nicole Krauss (SRB)
Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (SRB
Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale (SRB)
Tears of the Giraffe (2nds)
Lost in a Good Book (2nds)
Winter Wheat (SAM)
The Amateur Marriage (SAM)
Stargirl (SAM)
The Little Prince (SAM)
Interpreter of Maladies (Pulitzer, BAC)
X Stands for Unknown (A-Z)
Queen of the Tambourine (A-Z)
Ishmael (A-Z)
Psalms & Proverbs
Mr. Ives' Christmas

6 comments:

Kevin Stilley said...

Hi 3M,

I am planning a discussion of Book Challenges on my Blog Talk Radio program next Saturday and was hoping that you would consider being on a panel of two or three people that I interview. Would you be interested?

If so, please drop me a note at kevinstilley [at] sbcglobal dot net and we will get it set up.

Thanks,

Kevin Stilley

Debi said...

Wow...what an impressive list! I really need to do this as well, to give myself some kind of plan to follow. (Can't believe I didn't think of it on my own, as I'm generally a pretty obsessive list-maker.)

Bellezza said...

Goodness sakes! Do you feel a bit overwhelmed?

1morechapter said...

I usually read 8 or so books in a month so I think it's doable. The problem comes when an interesting challenge comes along!

1morechapter said...

Sent you an email, Kevin!

Kailana said...

I would never be able to follow a list like that... I always find other books I want to read!

I have read and enjoyed several of your planned books, but I also share several that I own by have not read yet!

Post a Comment