I just looked, and today is the first day I got to the top 25 list in the 30 day category--at #25. I'm #8 in the 7 day category, but I have been as high as #5.

If you'd like to help me have fewer book boxes to move, my inventory is here. I have mostly children's books that my kids have grown out of. It's very painful to see some of them go! If you need to join pbs, you can do it here.

Congratulations to Lisa, Laura, Mercy's Maid, Suey, Daphne, and Amy for getting the free credits that I gave away. I also gave Carrie, my sister IRL, some credits.

I'm going to have a lot of credits for books after I move, so if you'd like to comment with your id, I'll put you on my friends list to see if there are any books I want for my new home. Also comment if you have a bookmooch id. Mine is 3m there as well.

7 comments:

Laura said...

3M, noticing that you use both PBS and Bookmooch, I'm curious on your views of the strengths/weaknesses of each. I've been a PBS user for about a year and have been thinking of signing up for Bookmooch also. Do you list the same books on each site? Does one have a better "inventory" than the other? Just curious ...

Thanks!

1morechapter said...

It's hard to pick one over the other. I really use both quite a bit. If I had to choose, I would say giving away books is easier on paperbackswap, but I slightly prefer receiving books from bookmooch.

I like paperbackswap for giving away because it is easy to print out the mailing labels. I like bookmooch slightly better for receiving books because of the ability to choose among moochers. You can't tell who is giving you the book on paperbackswap until you receive the book.

Nyssaneala said...

I'll have to add you to my list at PBS. You can see my bookshelf via http://Alisia.paperbackswap.com

Anonymous said...

Hiya sis.
Thanks so much for the points! You didn't have to give me any extra; I was excited to be the first commenter though!
CR

Laura said...

Thanks 3M! I currently have an "imbalance of trade" on PBS in that I've sent far more than I've received. So I'm trying to resist signing up for Bookmooch until I use up some PBS credits. But meanwhile I have a pile just waiting to be listed somewhere ... will probably cave and start mooching sooner than I think!

Daphne said...

Thanks for the credit and congratulations on your status in the top 25!

By the way, I noticed that you have the Kristin Lavransdatter book listed as one you are reading. What do you think of it??

Suey said...

Just thought I'd leave a message here to tell you the two books I just ordered from PBS using your credits. I'm getting Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm and Tracon... both books that I plan on reading as part of the Something About Me challenge. Thanks again!

Post a Comment