Thursday Thirteen #10

Thirteen reasons it took me 12 days to finish my first book for April.

1. I'm stressed. We're 95% sure we're moving because of a job change.

2. I'm tired. When I'm stressed, I can't sleep.

3. I can't read when I'm stressed and tired. My concentration powers have been deactivated.

4. We had company and had a lot of fun, but it is hard to read when playing hostess.

5. I don't like the books I'm reading, but I am one who finishes them anyway. It just might take longer.

6. We've been out to Omaha twice in the last month for a job opportunity. This is the one we'll probably take.

7. My husband has been home all the time trying to put me to work!

8. I have a million things to do because we're moving. Some of which are listed below.

9. I have to go through my thousands and thousands (I'm not kidding!) of books and "weed" the ones I'm taking from the ones I'll give away.

10. Ditto my closets.

11. Ditto my paperwork (yuck!)

12. I still have other local commitments that I must tend to for at least 3 more weeks.

13. I'm a person who does not like change, and everything around me is doing just that!



I know everything will turn out okay--I'm confident of that. It's just stressful along the way!

6 comments:

Mercy's Maid said...

I'm sorry you've been stressed. Change does that to me too. I hope everything gets sorted out soon.

Suey said...

Those all sound like perfectly great reasons for taking awhile to finish a book! Good luck with everything.

tanabata said...

Moving is very stressful. Good luck sorting through all your stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your lil sis can help you sort through all those books and clothes if you want. And probably relieve you of some of them too (especially the books) when she comes for a visit.
C

Anonymous said...

I can totally empathise with this - we're in the middle of a long drawn out move, with lots of change, upheaval and uncertainty. It's really messing with my head!

Hope your move goes well!

1morechapter said...

The anonymous is my little sister. She's a bookaholic just like me!

Post a Comment