Hosted by Pour of Tor at Sycorax Pine

Read at least 6 unread authors.
September 2007 through February 2008

1. Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset
2. Buying a Fishing Rod for my Grandfather by Gao Xingjian
3. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
4. History of Love by Nicole Krauss
5. Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
6. Mr. Ives' Christmas by Oscar Hijuelos

Alternates/Extras:

Middlesex--Eugenides
Blue Like Jazz--Miller
Bookseller of Kabul--Seierstad
The Top Ten: Writers Pick Their Favorite Books--Zane
Half of a Yellow Sun--Adichie
Never Let Me Go--Ishiguro
A Scanner Darkly--Dick
The Yearling--Rawlings
The Hours by Michael Cunningham
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
Arthur and George by Julian Barnes
Zorro by Isabel Allende
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Winter Wheat--Walker
Stargirl--Spinelli
Interpreter of Maladies--Lahiri

6 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

6 more new authors? you are going to catch me, because I signed up for the 2nds challenge, to reread some of my new authors.
That's two challenge that can't overlap!

Sycorax Pine said...

What a phenomenal list, 3m! I haven't read ANY of the authors you name, and am feeling a strong urge to add them to my list.

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I completely forgot about my copy of History of Love (as yet unread) until I saw this, and Middlesex might have to go on my list as well. And Interpreter of Maladies...

Dewey said...

I can join this one! I'll have two other challenges finished by September.

I've read #3 and #5 and several of your alternates. I hope you won't mind if I borrow a few things from your list for my list!

1morechapter said...

Thanks, all! Looking forward to reading these authors.

Dewey, borrow away!

Dewey said...

I loved the movie A Scanner Darkly, but my husband, a great fan of Dick's short stories, just called his novels "painful." So I won't be borrowing that after all. I thought I'd come tell you in case you wanted to avoid painfulness and save Dick for a short stories challenge. ;)

Post a Comment