July 1 through December 31, 2007
6 books where location is integral to the story.
Click on the icon for more info and to sign up.

What? Another challenge you say? I was going to read these anyway! Truly, I was!

My choices:

1. The Sea by John Banville (Ireland)
2. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Afghanistan)
3. Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset (Norway)
4. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (France)
5. Veronika Decides to Die by Paolo Coelho (Slovenia)
6. Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith (Botswana)
7. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (Czechoslovakia)


Alternates/Bonus:
The Bookseller of Kabul (Afghanistan)
O Pioneers! by Willa Cather (Nebraska)
A Girl Named Zippy (Indiana)
Anne of Green Gables (PEI)

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting me! I'm currently reading The Kite Runner right now. So far, it's pretty good...and I've learned quite a bit too!

Post a Comment