Maggie at Maggie Reads has proposed a 3 month Southern Reading Challenge. The challenge runs June 1st through August 31st.

I really was going to resist this challenge, but I realized (once again) that I had books already on my TBR list that would very nicely fit.



5/20/07 Update: I read The Color Purple in May, so I am changing my list.

My 3 choices are (I may add alternates later):

1. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
2. The Known World by Edward P. Jones
3. A Death in the Family by James Agee

Original List:
1. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3. A Death in the Family by James Agee
3. The Known World by Edward P. Jones

Bonus/Alternate:
4. A Death in the Family by James Agee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Secret Life of Bees is an amazing book! It made my own personal "Best Books" list and I promote it to everyone I know. I hope you enjoy it!

Kailana said...

I also really enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees. I had originally planned to join this challenge, but I can't find anything that I want to read for it. So, best of luck to you with it!

Post a Comment