COMPLETED--July 18, 2007!!

May 15 through December 31, 2007


This was an easy challenge to join as I love children's literature.

My choices:

1. The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (2007)
2. Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates (1951)
3. The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli (1950)
4. The White Stag by Kate Seredy (1938)
5. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle (1963)
6. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (1990)

Other Newberys I recommend:
The Giver by Lois Lowry (1994) (A must read!)
The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman (1987) (My boys loved this, too)
Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson (1981)
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (1978) (My boys really liked this one also)
The High King by Lloyd Alexander (1969) (I have not read, but my kids highly recommend)
The Bronze Bow (1962) (All 3 of us loved this one)
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell (1961)
The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George (1959)
...And Now Miguel by Joseph Krumgold (1954)
Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Gray (I have not read, but my kids enjoyed this)
Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink (1936)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to read Bridge to Terabithia again as it one of my most favorite books ever, but I can't bring myself to do so. I am so so sensative to the ending now that I'm a parent.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing this challenge too. I'm also reading The Higher Power of Lucky for it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, do read The High King! I mean, I suppose you'd have to read the other Prydain Chronicles first...but...they're so good, I sure wouldn't mind reading them again!

Petunia said...

I'm such a sucker for a reading challenge. That and my love of YA are proving to twist my arm in this matter. I will be signed up for this challenge before you read this message.

I have enjoyed checking out your site. I think we have similar taste in reading. I'm always reading your book reviews from Semicolon's.

Post a Comment