Thursday Thirteen #5

13 New York Times Notable books that I would like to read in 2007.

I've only committed to 10, though, in the NYT Notable Books Challenge

1. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. Arthur and George by Julian Barnes
3. Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski
4. The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
5. Lisey's Story by Stephen King
6. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
7. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky
8. The Echo Maker by Richard Powers
9. The Translator, by Leila Aboulela
10. The Dead Fish Museum, by Charles D'Ambrosio
11. Old Filth, by Jane Gardam
12. Intuition, by Allegra Goodman
13. The Stories of Mary Gordon, by Mary Gordon

To view other Thursday Thirteens paticipants, click here.

To view my other Thursday Thirteens, click here.

7 comments:

Di said...

Cool...my aunt just gave me The Echo Maker! Now I am looking forward to it even more!

Anonymous said...

Hey, great list! I had The Echo Maker on my TT list, and a Cormac McCarthy novel -- do great minds run in the same track, or what? :)

Gonna have to check out the others you listed! Happy TT, and thank you for visiting my blog. :)

Bellezza said...

Oh, dear, and I'd only heard of Stephen King's newest release. Great list!

Mercy's Maid said...

I just read a review for Suite Francaise yesterday. It sounds interesting, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

This is such a great list. I'm a bibliophile too. My list last week was all about books that made an impression on me as a writer. I have several of these on my reading list for 2007 too. Thanks for sharing.

My TT #4 is up.

Lisa said...

I've been pondering Suite Francaise and The Inheritance of Loss. Oh, and Half a Yellow Sun.

Too many books!

The Gatekeeper said...

I haven't heard of any of these, but I will check some of them out. Hopefully you'll give us a few reviews.

Post a Comment