New Challenges

I had planned all along to join the Banned Book Challenge, but just registered a few days ago. The Spring Reading Thing sounds fun, too. Who can resist the cute button?

March 21 through June 21, 2007

Read more about this challenge here.







1. New Testament
2. A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken
3. March by Geraldine Brooks
4. Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates
5. Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos


You may read more about this challenge here.

The challenge runs from February 26 through June 30, 2007. I chose my books from the lists they provided on their site.







1. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
2. Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang
3. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
4. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
5. Grendel by John Gardner
6. The Giver by Lois Lowry
7. The Color Purple by Alice Walker

12 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Thanks for joining the challenge! Looks like you've got plenty to read between the challenges you're a part of. :) I have to admit, I hadn't heard of several of the books on your spring list -- I'll have to check them out. Enjoy your books!

Karen said...

The Giver is/was a banned book? Huh. I reread it a few days ago. (I'd forgotten I'd read it until I got into it a little ways.)

TaunaLen said...

I've read both The Giver and Amos Fortune Free Man. They are both excellent. Good luck on both of your challenges!

~TaunaLen

Katie said...

I liked Heart of Darkness, but have never met anyone else who has. It really makes you think.

Deena Peterson said...

I read "Heart of Darkness" and "The Color Purple" in college...boy,that brings back memories!

Susanne said...

Looks like you'll be busy between the challenges! Happy reading!

Chris said...

I read The Handmaid's Tale earlier this year. Gave me goosebumps. I think it will be with me a while.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I haven't heard of most of the books on your list so I can't wait to see your reviews on them. Good luck & have fun reading! =)

Anonymous said...

You have some awesome titles. I can't wait for th ereview so n some, because they are on my maybe list. =) Farenheit 451...great and quick read!

Unknown said...

That list (well, both of them) looks really interesting. I recognize and have enjoyed or want to read many of the books in your Library Thing, too.

alisonwonderland said...

i wasn't aware of the Banned Book Challenge; i'm going to have to check that out! of the seven you've listed there, i've read - and loved - four of them (#3, 4, 6, and 7) and i've been meaning to read Wild Swans too.

happy reading!

Alexis said...

Awesome list. I haven't heard of many of them but will look into them.
Happy reading!

Post a Comment